Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The layout of some prewar motorcycle race circuits....from one of my small scrapbooks......

From some of the scrapbook filled with cuttings from the several UK motorcycle magazines, "The MotorCycle" and "MotorCycling" that I have collected...done as a labour of love by motorcycle enthusiasts pre WW2.... I've selected to feature the layout of some of the racing circuits in Europe that riders and machines that often grace these pages competed at.....
They are not in any order.....
I've featured some of the pictures that accompany them in the scrapbook...the quality is poor, despite my scanner being able to get a reasonably viewable item.
More of a curiosity, but some history that needs to be shared with others....
Left click on the images to enlarge them....
 



The French Grand Prix at the Dieppe circuit...
















One of my scrapbooks from the 1930's...owner and creator unknown......


The German Grand Prix from 1936....
The Italian Grand Prix at Monza, 1936...
The Spanish Grand Prix at Bilbao in 1936...

No comments: