Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another foray into the world of Pen and Ink drawings.........

I've done a few of these in previous blogs, but they never cease to impress me...
Tonight I received an email from Jean-Marie Guivarch from France who occasionally sends me examples of pencil sketches he has made at motorcycle events in Europe...three of them follow....
Then I've scanned in some drawings from "MotorCycling" in 1936.....
I acknowledge the copyright for the images to Jean-Marie and to Mortons Motorcycle Media, holders of the "MotorCycle" and "MotorCycling" copyright.
Left click on the images to enlarge.....







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dennis, Thank you very much for your kind attention.
It is a great pleasure to draw old motorcycles and to read your blog.

The prewar drawings are great !!

Sincerely yours.

Jean-Marie

The Velobanjogent said...

As I mentioned in the blog....I'm always impressed with pen and ink and pencil technical drawings and Jean-Marie it is great to see that you are carrying on this tradition we see earlier on in the "MotorCycle" and "MotorCycling magazines.
I intend to feature some from the French Motorcycle magazine "Moto revue" shortly...
Dennis Quinlan.
The Velobanjogent.

Manish Pathak said...

Hello The Velobanjogent !

Fantastic Collection !

Feels great to share that I'm the content writer for the Royal Enfield Blogs and it's really amazing to the great talent sketching the classic motorcycles.

Looking forward to share a lot more with you.

Warm Regards,

Manish Pathak

Royal Enfield Blogs
http://royalenfieldblogs.blogspot.in/